When your little one is just ready to walk, you ought to be prepared to figure out which baby shoe is the right one to pick up. By selecting the right types of shoes and making sure they fit right on the little feet, you secure the little one’s feet and walk.
Some tips for choosing the right baby shoes
When to begin shopping
When the little one begins taking its little steps, this is the right time to purchase shoes.
- Right time-There is no need to purchase infant shoes as they are primarily carried everywhere. But, when it starts taking steps, having a pair of walking shoes on hand is essential. These walking shoes shall shield the little feet from germs, harmful objects, and germs.
- Evening shopping is recommended-Baby feet also swell, something that adults also notice. This way if you shop during the evening rather than morning time, you may get a properly fitting shoe. This way, you can prevent tightening of the shoe.
- Shop with a happy baby– happy baby can give you time to try the baby shoes on. This way, you can see the baby walk with it. Even if that is not possible, that would not be an issue. A napping happy baby is sufficient to check all the aspects of the right baby shoes. Try planning shopping at mealtime or sleep time.
- Selecting shoes that have Velcro for closure is best. It helps in easy wear and removal. It shall make your work easy. However, babies can also figure this out, and you may end up in a lost shoe.
- Laced shoes are good that they stay put. When selecting lace shoes, ensure that the laces are long. It is easy to tie them.
- Slip-on baby shoes can also save time while wearing and removing them. Slip-on comes in both laces and Velcro types. But slip-on shoes do not fit suitably. Babies can remove and throw them off.
- Flexible shoes with a soft sole are suitable for baby feet. They can be bent easily to get a balance on their feet.
- Non-skid shoe bottoms– It is tough to learn walking if the shoe keeps sliding off. The right traction is essential to keep the baby on the ground. They should not be very thick and should be bendable. Rubber gripped sole bottom is better to avoid slipping.
- Select a breathable and light material as baby feet sweat a lot. A canvas or soft leather material is good. The shoes should not limit movement.
Ensure a proper fit– Try the size fit to avoid feet cramping of baby feet. Ensure a little movable space.
Figuring the balance-It is ok to let your little one walk without shoes at home. Figure out the balance of the wobbly shoes that are the first ones for the little feet to make it easy for the baby. Since it is dangerous to get the baby go without shoes, do not let the baby go barefoot on pavements, parks, or rocky surfaces to avoid scratches and harm.
A right fitting baby shoe made of proper breathable material is essential for the best walking experience for your baby who is just learning to walk.