I know there are a lot of coffee filter wreath projects on the net, but I'm including mine because I have done a couple of things a bit differently than I've seen others do . . . I don't think you can do this wrong, if you like the final result.
Here are the supplies I used . . . a styrofoam wreath, and "Hold the Foam" glue, scissors, approximately 200 coffe filters . . .
And these floral pins.
Start by folding the coffee filter in half.
Fold it again, in half.
Next, cut off the point. I did this because for the size of my wreath, I felt that the filters stuck out too much from the wreath.
Just FYI, you don't have to cut every filter individually. I grabbed 8 - 10 at a time, and then cut them and used them in groups.
I folded the cut filters in thirds.
Then, I added glue to the cut tip edge.
There are several ways to do this, but I chose to place the filters going in two directions - horizontal, vertical, horizontal, vertical, etc. The reason I did this is that I wanted a puffier design. If you put all the filters going in the same direction, you get lines of the filters that look like stacked ruffles. It is just a matter of preference.
After I did the first row, I added the floral pins to stabilize the base, because after you do that first inner row, each of the subsequent rows basically tucks under that first row as you go.
You can see here what it looks like to have the horizontal/vertical rows together:
You can see the layers of rows as I was adding them around the edge of the wreath.
And here is the finished wreath . . . sitting on my mantle!